SOCIAL MEDIA


The Garden Must Be PLANTED!

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The rain has been something we haven't had around here in years. It is just coming down every single day. Sometimes it just showers lightly all day, and other times a thunder and lightening cell comes other and it deluges us. I have never seen the barnyard so deep in mud!!! It is terrible. I did go out between showers in put some plants out into the garden, 3 tomatoes, 8 peppers, 2 ambrosia melons, 2 pumpkins, 1 butternut squash. There are the seeds too...zucchini, cucumbers, sunflowers, cosmos, and bush beans. I probably forget something.... And today I made a batch of soap. It is now resting for 24 hours...tomarrow will be the cutting into bars, and curing for 4-6 weeks. I have enough of the raw materials to make another batch....maybe in two or three days. The last time I made soap for us, there were about 24-28 bars...and it lasted 2 years. Do I think that I could sell it? Maybe..maybe not. Sis, wants me to teach her....so later this summer we will make some at her house. Handmade soap is really nice on the skin, there are no chemical irritants. Hubby loves it, I put scent into his, desert sage. We will see how it somes out..