SOCIAL MEDIA


Homemade Ice Cream

Monday, August 16, 2010

The Mountain Pass Kookers, the local dutch oven cooking group had their regular Saturday gathering, called a DOG (dutch oven gathering). We didn't have many of the members come this time. It was a really hot day, and it is also the time of year when many people are busy with summer activities. I found this old (1930's-40's) vintage ice cream maker at Goodwill about 2 years ago. I thought that I would resell it. Condition, age, and good working condition make it a desirable find. It is a large size, really good for making ice cream for a group. I decided to use it, and now it is history. Feeding many people a great vanilla ice cream, with a Marionberry Cobbler. It is fun, and one of our friends loves to crank it, it only takes about 20 minutes.
When not in use....I have a display for it, and a smaller one. When I was at the Brownsville Antique Fair a week ago...I saw an antique model, the smallest size made White Mtn Ice Cream Maker. That one made about 2 servings, it was smaller than a coffee can...and a hand crank model. It was priced at $250.00. That is an average price for those mini size ones. Out of question for most folks.