SOCIAL MEDIA


Summer Lake

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Hubby and I just returned home from a short trip to Summer Lake. For those of you who don't have the faintest idea where that is. It is about 150 miles from here, way east in Lake County. There is a large Oregon Wildlife Refuge there, and we like to go there in the fall. It was about 75-80 degrees and beautiful weather. The claim to fame is the great duck, goose, and upland game bird hunting. (And wildlife viewing) The bird hunting was terrible. I really enjoyed myself, this area is opposite of home. It is fabulous in it's own right, I don't think that I would ever want to live there full-time. The wildlife viewing was great, many deer, and antelope to see. The scenery was wonderful. We got plenty of exercise, walking miles every day. It is nice to get away, but also good to come home. We will be back, in a week or so (our travel trailer is still there.) There is a rental home there, I will call...maybe when the weather is too cold for the trailer..... Life is Good!