SOCIAL MEDIA


Sharon and Jane on the hunt for stuff.....Sisters Day

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sis and I got together today in Eugene. We had a nice lunch at Olive Garden, and then hit Glory Days and 3 thrift stores.  Glory Days had many wonderful displays, my favorite is Twig in the back of the shop.  Very creative ladies put Twig together and I appreciate their style.  Photos will be here on my next post.  Most of the vendors were having sales of their things.  My guess is that business is very slow.


Then onward to St Vinnies...we each found some great stuff. My big finds of the day were two large ceramic vases. Cream colored and large! My collection is growing....I think one is an old, 1930's, unmarked McCoy, and the other is a Heager.


I am looking for one or two 4 drawer dressers.  I want to refinish them, so perfect condition is not important.  They have imported furniture from the United Kingdom, old items, and most of it is great. The prices are good too, the hardware...drawer pulls...is worth the price.  I tell you, hardware is spendy.  I hope to return tomorrow and get one.  I will use it in my studio/retreat room, replacing the old sewing machine cabinet.  A dresser will give me storage for fabrics and other craft stuff.