SOCIAL MEDIA


To Follow Your Heart

Sunday, July 15, 2012
Art by Mae Chevrette
This artist Mae Chevrette uses mixed media to create artwork with heart, quotes that inspire. This piece is a quote from Steve Jobs. 


Maybe some of you get committed to a path that is not right for you, and your heart knows it. Something happens...life, making a living, children, families...you know there are many diversions. We don't follow our hearts, and there is a sense of regret at some time. For myself, I knew before I graduated with a Bachelor degree from the University...that I truly had made a mistake in my education. In my case, I did not want to spend another 3 years to graduate. I needed to be on my own, at that time. My decision was the right one for me, truly. Yes, I did not work in that occupation, Landscape Architect. I love growing things as my hobby, to satisfy my interests.


I have become almost everything I have wanted, and followed the paths that worked for me. I made decisions that were difficult, with my career. It is not an easy thing to have a career in a field, forestry, that is full of men. A few, brave women have done this...we supported each other and learned how to deal with so much. Some of my women cohorts climbed the ladder to great success, and I am proud to say I am their friend from long ago. There were women who left their careers to take another direction, and I am equally proud of their decisions. I think that women are able to follow their right path much better than men.