SOCIAL MEDIA


The Guitar and I are together again

Thursday, September 27, 2012

I have planned to relearn the guitar. I haven't used my guitar in many years. Now, that I have the time...and my finger joints are feeling pretty good...I am finding what I remember.


My guitar is just like this one. A 1970 Yamaha classic, that I received as a gift from my mother when I was 18. A much better guitar than I had used before that gift. I have kept it and taken very good care of it all these years. The sound is wonderful and it is fun to play. I was pretty darn good on the guitar..but, alas... no practice makes for ability loss. I have all my books, too.

The lake trip gave me just the time I needed. I opened the case to find a broken string...however, I had a new set with me. New string and tuning made it ready to play. I did struggle a little with my fingering the chords. I made some headway with several beginning pieces. Now I need to restring the other 5 strings and use a piano to tune it with.  I just want to do this for my personal enjoyment.

Here are some additional pictures of Women with Guitars.




This is the ad from the same year that I got my guitar. She is using the same model as I own.