SOCIAL MEDIA


Blacktail Doe Hunting

Saturday, October 26, 2013

I know that I complain about the dozens of Elk that trample across our farm. The deer are a different story...there are very few... This summer I have consistently seen just 2 does and 2 fawns. That is all!  Now, a neighbor next door has gotten doe tags, and has killed 2 deer in the last few days. Now....I am concerned that they have killed 3 deer this fall. Exactly where do they think future deer come from? I think that the deer population is doomed. Well, maybe my deck plants will do better next summer.

I am not anti-hunting, in fact hubby just shot one wild turkey out of a large flock of 20+, but sometimes I just wonder about my neighbors.

BTW, my daughter is improving fairly quickly and should be out of the hospital soon.