SOCIAL MEDIA


Spring Break Memories

Saturday, March 21, 2015
Free Photo - Copyright free
I have very fond memories of many times that my daughter and I went to the Oregon coast for Spring Break. I loved those trips, the weather was often pretty bad...in fact I remember that it snowed one time. I would take the entire week off for the vacation. The Gray Whale migration is this time of the year, when they travel north to Alaska and the Bering Sea. We would watch and watch, but would see only a blow on the ocean's surface. One year we went out on a sightseeing boat on a whale watching trip...no gray whales were seen....but a pod of Orca whales was spotted. I loved that. Much of the time was spent on the beach, picking up shells and agates. Horseback riding on the beach, flying kites, and swimming in the hotel pools.