SOCIAL MEDIA


About the Drinking and Drug Culture and Women

Monday, June 1, 2015

OK, that's a strange title for a post.........I just wanted to get your attention. I just returned from an all women's camping trip. I think that I must be odd...because I rarely drink, and never to excess. What? Why do I think that...because 95% of the other women at the campground were boozing all weekend. I have wine with me, but I didn't want it.....I think that am too straight for the group....no weed for me either. Maybe, the group is just a poor fit for me? I went to bed a bit early on Saturday evening because it seem that a big drunk party was getting underway. Are most of them binge drinking alcoholic's? It seems that way...I am rethinking things. It is possible to have a great time without the booze. What am I going to do? My Brave Girls Club has made me understand the things that I want in my life.  My participation with the group creates a conflict, and I know the decision...............I am uncomfortable, and know that the group is not the right choice for me.

I just thought about this situation for a bit. Some of the women say in messages that there is not a drinking culture happening, and that they have never witnessed the same things that I see. They are taking over, and not admitting to their own participation. The old "I am right and you are wrong" thinking. To point out that perhaps they have a binge drinking problem has become a threat to them. I think that it is time to plan trips with the women that I have become good friends with, and to check closely the lists of attendees. I can participate by choosing the events to attend. I have a plan.