SOCIAL MEDIA


Visiting The Palouse

Monday, November 2, 2015

You may be thinking What is the Palouse? It is a region of SE Washington state and part of Idaho. An area very unique in the landscape of these undulating hills. not found anywhere else. There are two universities in this area, Washington State University in Pullman, Washington and the University of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho. There are only a about 12 miles between the two...both located near the states' boundary. My great grandfather's family homesteaded in the Moscow area, and I have aunts and cousins living there.

I am visiting for the first time in 3 1/2 years. 

I have never lived there...however it feels like home. I do admit to one summer working as a Camp Counselor at a Girl Scout Camp, Four Echo's, about 60 miles north of Moscow..near a tiny town of Worley Idaho. My grandmother was living at that time, 1974, and I visited her often.

I may not post much this week due to travel. Take care my girlfriends!