SOCIAL MEDIA


Enjoying Summer Soltice

Friday, June 24, 2016

I worked very hard around the farm until about 2 pm. Then came a little resting time on the patio. I am in a comfortable chair with cold drink, magazines, and my phone. This is the photo from my favorite place, a little shade, 75 F, and the hard work of creating this spot. The pool is freshly cleaned by me (today). The hummingbirds, honey bees, and butterflies are all around.

Those are the tips of my boots in the bottom of the photo....just finished suiting up in beekeeping gear and checking all 6 hives. It is hot and uncomfortable in the beekeeping suit. I start to feel claustrophobic after several minutes in the suit. I don't waste any time checking the bees. If you are interested the bees looked good, in fact one hive had about 50-60 lbs of honey.