SOCIAL MEDIA


My Homemade Soap Gifts

Friday, December 9, 2016

I like to make soap the old fashioned way. The chemistry involved requires precise weighing of the components, precise temperatures, and following the directions exactly. I must be completely able to focus on the process, and be committed to stay on track. The reward is a lovely soap, that is wonderful to use. The soap does last a long time, it has a good scent, and it doesn't have all the chemicals found in store soap.

I made this soap about November 1, and it had to cure until now. Yesterday, I wrapped up stacks of 3 soaps with this pretty dark turquoise ribbon.  Each bar is about 2 1/2" by 4", nice big bars. I will be giving these to friends and neighbor's who stop by the farm.

I used to make soaps for selling, but that has ended. Now, I make about 2 batches each year.