SOCIAL MEDIA


Living in Smoke Part 2

Friday, September 8, 2017

It just rained 1/2 inch, but in terms of wildfire....that is not much. The forests probably just got a little damp, and that doesn't change the potential of fire very much.  However, right now I don't expect any fires for a few days...until next week when the high temperatures are back in the 90's.

I have a plan. I am hooking up my trailer to the 4-Runner. Prepping for the potential of a fire near here. There is enough space for some valuables, and important papers. I can fit in the stuff that I need, and for Radar (Lab). I will park the tractor and other car in an area near the barn, where there is nearly bare ground.

Next, I make a list of the things to put into a suitcase, insurance, computer, photos, jewelry, hand gun, etc. Most of the important stuff is in the gun safe.

Now that I have said this...the situation for my home is that it is well prepared in the event of a fire. The officials have been here (3 yrs ago) and evaluated the ability to defend the structures. The officials told us that our property was the best to defend of all they evaluated. That is a relief!