SOCIAL MEDIA


The Outdoor Ukulele made in Bend, Oregon

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

I spent several days in the Bend Oregon area and met the couple who make these ukuleles themselves. I called them and asked if they would allow me to stop by their workshop (not store) and see their Ukuleles. They agreed to see me and possibly sell one of their ukes. 

She is holding a Soprano Ukulele.


Their workshop is attached to their home. It was fun to talk with them and have them show me the process they use to make their unique Ukulele.  They make only 2 sizes, Soprano and Tenor. The colors are Moonshine, Bottle Brown, and Forest Green. 




I tested the 2 sizes, both are nice. The plastic material is extremely well made and  sturdy. The plastic can handle outdoor weather, cold and heat. These can be left in a very cold or very hot auto with no problem. They can actually be cleaned in a dishwasher or shower. They are great for schools because they are cleaned easily. Hospitals allow patients to have them after a good cleaning in the dishwasher.

I thought that the sound is excellent. I like the Tenor size, because it is larger and the strings are slightly farther apart. I find it is easier to finger the chords.



Have you guessed if I bought one of their Ukuleles? Is a plastic, made in the USA Ukulele for me? Why would I want one? The ones that they had available were the ones that they use for photo shoots. More to come...

All these photos are from the website.

www.theoutdoorukulele.com