SOCIAL MEDIA


A July Camping Trip

Friday, July 6, 2018


I am sorry for the blurry pic.....this is the kitchen area of Prairie Flower. I hope that you enjoy this photo anyway.

I just returned home today, from a 5 day camping trip in Central Oregon. I selected a campground that I have never stayed in. My choice was good, I got a good site. The view was OK, the breeze was good, the mosquito's were zero!

I do need to go out into nature for my well being. I need quiet, and nature to center myself - to balance myself - to think and relax. Good sleep and simple eating, are important. I have easy to make backpacking food, fresh fruit, and some special snacks.

I did some organizing and got a good amount completed. I completed 2 books, and played the ukulele. 

And................I am very happy to report....no mice got inside. I chose the campsite partly due to the fact there was no grass nearby...I think that mice live in areas where they can hide. Now, I am not afraid of mice.....they are just a darn nuisance #$%&* when I have to trap them in my trailer. 

I keep all food inside a vintage metal camp cooler, and a heavy duty pink Yeti ice chest. There is no food they can get to. In fact, I often keep the metal cooler and ice chest outside on the picnic table. All food waste is put in the garbage daily.

PS - I finally got the comment section turned on.