SOCIAL MEDIA


Smoke Season is Here

Tuesday, August 21, 2018
The Terwilliger Fire roared out above Cougar Reservoir on Sunday.


These wildfires are about 30 miles to my home. There is no danger to us from these. Another fire that burned last summer has been putting out fire and smoke again this summer...that is pretty unusual. There are many very large fires close enough to create a sky of smoke across Oregon. The visibility is poor, the smoke is heavy and oppressive. The everyday temps are in the 90's. I understand that we may get an onshore wind that will push the smoke east. I sure hope it does...I would like some fresh air.

The fire danger is extreme, and of course I am concerned. Wildfires are a horrible situation to find yourself in. 

This is the third summer in a row that the wildfire situation is this bad. What does this mean? That maybe this is the new normal.