SOCIAL MEDIA


Cream of Chantrelle Soup in My Vintage Descoware Pot

Thursday, November 1, 2018


I got some Chantrelle Mushrooms fresh from the forest today, and I finally used my vintage Descoware soup pot.



This soup is wonderful, if you have an opportunity to make it....please do. I share this recipe with everyone who wants it. So Good!!!!


I found this recipe on www.cdkitchen.com

Cream of Chanterelle Mushroom Soup

4 Tablespoons Butter
1/2 cup finely Chopped Onion
1 Lb fresh Chanterelle Mushrooms, cleaned and well chopped
2 Tablespoons Flour
2 cups Chicken Broth
2 cups Half and Half
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Pepper

Melt Butter in a heavy saucepan set over medium heat, add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute 5 minutes, stirring often.

Add flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly to coat onions and mushrooms with flour. Add broth, immediately bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.

Add half and half, salt and pepper and heat on low, just below a simmer, for 10-15 minutes.

Serves 4.
This soup is even better after being refrigerated 24 hours, the flavors improve.