SOCIAL MEDIA


Choosing What Makes My Soul Happy

Friday, September 13, 2019
Take Time To Do What Makes Your Soul Happy

The ongoing project to deal with my extra belongings...

I came across the suggestion that it is infinitely easier to let go of things this way...

When you think of it as deciding what to keep, choose the things that make your soul happy...rather that deciding what to throw away.

This idea hits home with me...this way,

An example is that I love my vintage pottery collection, and there are many vases in my collection.  However, I have many cut crystal vases, but they are something that I will discard by donating them, or giving them away.

I have accumulated many crystal candle sticks, yes they are lovely but not needed to make my soul happy. I will keep the few vintage silver plated candle sticks that I own. This decision is perfectly sensible for me. And...the fact that I use mostly jar candles anyway!

This approach make sense to me, I think that decisions will be less difficult.