SOCIAL MEDIA


Vintage SW Turquoise Cuff

Monday, January 27, 2020
This post is about collecting vintage SW Turquoise jewelry. I purchased this piece at a thrift store. It was a very lucky day, they had just put it out for display and purchase. Wow, what a find...exquisite cuff. Finding something like this is unusual...a beautiful addition to my style.

How do I do it? You might be asking? Patience, looking at many SW jewelry items. Developing an understanding of the craftsmanship, looking at the stones for signs of genuine turquoise, and finding a mentor who will help you develop the knowledge to find treasures. 

I have looked at many things to develop my interest and learned to have knowledge to know a reasonable price. When to purchase, and when to leave it for someone else.

Sometimes I have purchased lovely items that do need repair and sizing of rings. There is an artisan jeweler that I take things to have repaired or remade into another piece of jewelry. Beware, sizing of rings to a larger size can be pretty expensive. Therefore, I have decided not to size rings any longer, just purchase rings that fit me.