SOCIAL MEDIA


Back From The Retreat

Friday, August 14, 2020

 


************************

Just a week ago, I took myself on a retreat. I just felt a strong need to be alone and give myself the time I needed to understand the things that are overwhelming. My mental health has had many troubling days during this Covid-19 shutdown. 

I had a spiral notebook with me, and I journaled for many hours filling many pages. Yes, this helped me immensely, to be able to have no distractions of home. I wrote and wrote, and better understanding of this time in my life.

Three days into the retreat I began to sleep better, and felt some calming begin. I was still doing this OCD of hyperactivity. I looked thru all my stuff, and my mantra --- Keep, Donate, and Gone. In fact, while I was in my trailer...I went thru all the stuff inside...and took out piles of items. Plenty of donations are ready for charity. There was a large pile to take home. 

Organization! I had flashlights everywhere, and too many towels! Everything finally found its' place with the similar stuff. Now, it is easy to find the things that I am looking for. 

Several days into my retreat, something happened! I could actually focus on reading a novel. I slept to 9am! I turned a corner, and started feeling like myself again.

At this time, I feel improved mental health...sooo much better.