SOCIAL MEDIA


Treadle Sewing Machine Table

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

This is one of my big projects to work on during this Covid 19, 2020, the stay at home forever year.

I have an old treadle sewing machine base (painted turquoise) that I found at a thrift store about 3 years ago. I knew that this had so much potential for a great project. 

It definitely had a future with me, it is destiny...no doubt about it!

The base I have is shorter than normal, I think that it must have had a really nice cabinet on it. I don't have the cabinet...so there is nothing to work with for the table.

I designed and made the top and finished it for outdoor use. BTW...I love the turquoise color of the cast iron base.




***************************************************************

The Start of Something Wonderful!!!


*********************************************
This pic is of my first step... Making a frame, and attaching it to the cast iron base.

The treadle wheel (where the belt went around it to run the sewing machine) sits higher than the other side.
The measurement of the wood has to be exact, there is no allowance for mistakes.

Of Course, I am able to change my ideas at any time. Just buying more wood and screws to make it different. I might decide to change it sometime along the line. I also have a treadle sewing machine (for decor) that could be used with the base.

I have an idea to find a small two drawer dresser. I imagine that I could convert it, refinish it, and upcycle it to make the table higher. Interesting?



***************************************************

The best, fun, thing....is that the treadle still works. Just paddle it back and forth!

Pinterest Inspiration................the idea to start with............


*****************************

This is an idea, from Pinterest, that is getting my creative side thinking...



Note to my readers. I am experiencing sexual harassment from some anonymous person. I am changing the comments for a week or so.