SOCIAL MEDIA


Using Grandma's Dill Pickle Recipe

Thursday, August 19, 2021

 


This long summer of raising a puppy is just dragging on. I really long for a good nights sleep. I am desperate for a nice warm afternoon on my patio, with a really good novel and no interruptions. I sure would like a day with fresh air. And, I really need a pedicure.

I am making many quart jars of Dill Pickles, with his Grandma's Recipe. I derived the recipe from 3 slightly different recipes. I think that Old Man loves these. He could eat 2 jars every week.

I have one tip...use Mrs. Wages pickle crunch/crisp.

I have two main problems with this season. 1. We have a very small amount of Dill growing in the garden (not enough).  2. The USA has a noticeable shortage of canning lids!! No kidding!! The Made in the USA type, Kerr and Ball. I cannot find any near here.

I have been looking every time I see canning supplies in stores. For Months! There are not any, except for one time I got the last 2 boxes at Walmart.

Price gouging is crazy, Amazon has the lids for sale at 3 times the price in stores. I finally found some online at only 2 times higher. Desperately, I purchased 4 boxes.

Some folks out there must have huge hoards of canning lids. I sure wish that I knew one.