SOCIAL MEDIA


Black Forest Cake

Friday, January 27, 2012


This yummy recipe is from Judy at Mennonite Girls Can Cook. This food blog is fun to follow.  I am making this dessert today, to take to the family gathering on Saturday. I think that everyone will love it.


I like to make new things, it makes me a better cook. I had planned to make an old standby...however that changed when I saw this post!




  • 4 cups mini-marshmallows
  • 1 chocolate or devils food cake mix
  • 1 can cherry pie filling
  • Cool Whip or whipped cream


  1. Pour the mini-marshmallows into a 9" by 13" greased baking pan
  2. Make the cake mix according to the directions on the package. Pour over the marshmallows.
  3. Spoon the cherry pie filling evenly over the cake mix Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
  4. Cool. 
  5. Frost if desired,
  6. When ready to serve, top with Whipped Cream or Cool Whip.