SOCIAL MEDIA


I Am Proud To Be An American - Flag Day

Thursday, June 14, 2012

I love the movie "The Patriot" with Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger. I imagine the Revolutionary War to be a brutal event in our history. All wars are that. It is a miracle that our small population was able to oust the British. My family history (mother's side - Hawley) fought in this war, I understand they came to the colonies about 10 years after the Mayflower and early groups.


My father, Alfred L. Knoper Senior Master Sargent, deceased, served his county for 26 years, therefore I grew up an "Air Force Brat".  Maybe it was the era, Baby Boomers and all...I am a Patriot. There is nowhere else on Earth that I want to call home. People from all over the world want to live here, in the Land of the Free and Home of the Brave.


I have two family members serving in the US Army at this time. A big thank you to nephew Micheal Bertsch, and my other daughter Trisha Sullivan Delgado. I am proud of them and their patriotism.