SOCIAL MEDIA


Mail Order Brides...Hum...

Tuesday, August 7, 2012


I just need to share an experience that I had recently with you. Have any of you actually become acquainted with a real Mail Order Bride?  I can conceive that a woman's life in her country must be very bad to do this.  There are certainly many factors that come into making such a decision.  This Filipino woman has just turned 50, she came here to marry him at about 40. She calls him darling and seems to be happy.  He is about 85, a mean, grouchy, horrible old man. He does not like normal women, and insulted us with most everything he said that day, obnoxious, arrogant, and rude. I think that no American woman would have him. He reminds me of my dad, and that is not a good thing...and definitely not a nice thing to say. Apparently, he has not much income, she works full-time at McDonald's. I think he married her for a servant, bed partner, and income provider. I guess that her life is much better here...but...is this human trafficking? I have to say that I have much to be thankful for and this meeting opened my eyes. I have great compassion for her.