SOCIAL MEDIA


Vintage Cast Iron Dutch Oven

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Yesterday I went junking with Sis in Eugene Oregon. I found a wonderful vintage dutch oven...similar to this one. It cost $10.50...wow, new ones are about $50+. It is unmarked, I have been searching the Internet for information...unsuccessfully. Well, I do know that it is old because it is very finely made...probably dating to 1920-`1930 era. The interior is very smooth, and the lid is unusual. The lid has indented basting spots, I have never seen one like this. I don't know if this will be gift to someone...but, for now it is going to travel in Prairie Flower. I can use it on the stove, or in the campfire coals. Not a camping dutch oven, but I can make it work. The Camptown Girls need better food at their camp outs, and I can assist in that endeavor by making main dish items, fresh bread, or desserts.