SOCIAL MEDIA


An Early Christmas Gathering

Monday, December 23, 2013



An early Christmas this year. My daughter and hubby found out at the last minute that they could make a trip to High Prairie Farm, over the weekend. I got the tree decorated a few hours before their arrival. We had a fun time together. Now they are off to see son-in-law's family. They live about 2 1/2 hours from here...over the Cascade Mountains to central Oregon. I hope that they enjoy the visit. It can be difficult to go to central Oregon during the winter, the mountain passes are often a challenge to travel. No one I know likes to chain-up their tires, and white-knuckle driving...that said, it is raining over the pass right now. Driving today will be OK. 

A little off the subject..but I just wanted to relay this conversation I had at Brave Girls Camp in November. I was talking with someone about driving over the mountain passes to reach Boise. Another gal overheard me talking and said "It's flat over the mountains, right?" I thought where is she from...somewhere where there are no mountains..... Although pretty absurd, I just told her that the passes were curvy, and up and down.