|This photo is from the day I purchased the 1963 Aloha Travel Trailer.|
|Today, the window is removed in this photo.|
Yesterday I was watching a Utube video showing how to repair the back window in my trailer, Prairie Flower. I watched 3 videos in all, to see the complete process. My trailer was restored....but the back window had a problem with bad window screen, the person who restored the trailer took a shortcut with the screen. They cut out the bad screen and put a window screen patch on it. I am getting bugs into the trailer when I open the window. The entire window/screen unit must be removed to replace the screen.
Today, I decided to start on removing the window. I will not be going camping for some time. I followed the directions from the video, and the window came right out. I cleaned up the dirt and goo around the frame. All is good, no sign of wood rot...nice and dry. I am happy that these vintage trailers were made with the ability of DIY repairs.
Next step in this process, locate the proper screen and supplies to put it back together. There is a small trailer and RV repair shop, and I know that they will have what I need. This is important to me. I want to feel empowered to take on more projects with the trailer.