SOCIAL MEDIA


Vintage Roller Skate Case

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

This is a nice vintage roller skate case from the late 1940's. I remember the roller skates and cases that my parents had from their before-children years. I used to put on their extremely large-for-me skates, and skate around the basement on the smooth floor.  I was really surprised when I came across an old metal skate case at a thrift store. It was not in good condition like this photo, it is pretty dirty and has been painted long ago, to a turquoise color. There is red paint showing on the handle, and the bottom was not painted and is still the original cream color with red edges. I don't know what I am going to do with it art wise. Maybe I will clean the case well, and then add a color along the edges for contrast. Or maybe I will mod podge the case with some paper or fabric on the sides, add fresh paint for accent...I think that I will be able to make it nice looking for my new, improved, craft studio! What do you Think???