SOCIAL MEDIA


Vintage Red Coleman Lantern from 1965

Thursday, September 8, 2016

I went junking today. Today's treasure is a lantern from 1965. I love the rounded glass, and the fire engine red color, the red matches other vintage Coleman camping items I have. The era is perfect, and I am hoping that with a little work by me it will be operating. Truthfully, it seems in good condition...but there is a little rust to clean-up. I have not looked inside, or anything, ...but there is a good mantel in it. I must have been at the right place at the right time. This was only set out today, but it was on top of a display...not in the camping gear area. I checked it out with my phone, and I know that the $11 paid for it was a bargain. There are many Coleman lantern collectors, and an online community to find information. I already found the manual online. Coleman marked the lanterns clearly, so it is easy to know the month and year manufactured, and the model number.