SOCIAL MEDIA


Hunting and Gathering Wild Mushrooms

Thursday, November 3, 2016

We are having several nice, sunny, days this week. It is wonderful after the wettest October in 57 years. Hubby and I spent about 3 hours looking for wild mushrooms. There were many varieties of mushrooms that I noticed during my walks into the woods. I was stalking the wild Chanterelle, that is shown in this pic. My free, personal use mushroom permit allows me to harvest up to 20 gallons of mushroom's. I think that I got about 2 gallons. I will use some to prepare a wonderful recipe for Cream of Chanterelle soup. So....delicious! The rest will be sliced and dried. The mushrooms reconstitute very well. I try to get enough dried for 3 - 2 quart canning jars.

This website tells more about harvesting these mushrooms.
www.wild-harvest.com/chanterelle-mushrooms/