SOCIAL MEDIA


My Fall Camp Trip

Wednesday, October 10, 2018
I did not go out with Prairie Flower much this summer 2018. There were many reasons...but mostly it was because the weather was very hot. We had over 40 days in a row with temperatures above 90 F. It was very smokey from forest fires burning in Oregon. The smoke is something that I do not want to be in...it causes me respiratory issues.  I have no AC in Prairie Flower, just 2 small battery fans. 

I became restless to get out from the farm, and hook up Prairie Flower. I needed a week away. There was no reason to delay any longer.

I need some me time. I really needed some me time. I need to take care of myself. I will take care of myself. I must....

I looked across the Deschutes River from my campsite and saw a hiking trail. Intrigued, I got out my small hiking pack and hiking stick. It was loaded with just a few things, jacket, water, snacks, cell phone, and whistle / pocket knife on lanyard. I guess that I went about a mile, thinking that I shouldn't push it. My left foot might become painful, and I do not want that to happen.



The early fall weather had turned the Quaking Aspen a beautiful golden yellow, and I took this photo on my hike from the campground.


 This photo of Prairie Flower is from the hiking trail across the river.


This photo shows the lovely campground that I used. It is a small campground with just 10 campsites. It is rather primitive, and the nightly fee was just $5 with my senior passport card. The road is fairly busy during the day, but it is very quiet at night (7pm-7am). I feel safe here. It is just a few miles from a major resort area, and about 30 minutes from Bend Oregon. I can play that I really have a vacation cabin here. I sit by the river to see wildlife and kayaks go by, see hikers and fishermen on the shoreline.

For now, this little trailer is my cabin in the woods.....I would go back, but, the weather was turned quite cold.