SOCIAL MEDIA


Archery Season is Here, and I am having a home vacation.

Monday, August 26, 2019
Traditional archery, traditional bow, handmade bow, hunting bow. best longbow.

This blog post is unusual for me...I haven't written about it ever. You see, my husband is an avid archery hunter...and he has been for about 60 years. He loves his sport and normally hunts away from home. He used all of his vacation days hunting, and we have never had a real vacation....ever.

I actually like it when he leaves home to go archery hunting.  I get my own stay-at-home vacation. Doing what I like, and enjoying myself.

Today, I got up early to give the garden and patio plants a very good watering since it is going to be near 100 for a few days. I came back indoors later to have some breakfast. I sat at the dining table eating, and heard the sound of a bird hitting a window...over and over...what the heck? OK, following the sound, I found an immature bluebird inside the fireplace trying to get out thru the glass doors. Hum, how to do this task? Try to capture and release? This could be done if the bird is very tired and would allow me to touch it. So...this was the plan...............

Did it work? No...........now there is bird flying around inside the house. I had thought ahead and opened the doors for escape. No..............it did not fly out a door. OK, let's open windows without screens in place. The bird faked me out...it hid. Later, it was at the kitchen windows. Alright, I got it to move over to an open window...it took some prompting...I finally got it to fly away. The baby bird lived.

Frankly, I don't know how it got into the fireplace. I thought that there was screening to prevent it. Anyhow, the strangest things happen to me when hubby is away from home. Now What??