SOCIAL MEDIA


Use Your Vintage Sheet Collection

Friday, August 16, 2019
That quilt! Those adorably mismatched pillowcases! The floral sheets! It looks so cozy. WANT.
from pinterest

Anyone love vintage sheets? I admit to loving vintage textiles, and to possessing a small collection of vintage floral sheets.

I like the eclectic idea of using a variety of mis-matched fabrics as shown in this photo.

Why? I think that these items are superior to anything sold today. They were made of high quality materials and meant to last...wash after wash. They have weight, and an exceptionally nice feel. 

I love the floral designs from the late 60's to the late 70's. The styles are pretty, and sometimes "mod"....remember that term?


image 0


I need to find some pillow cases to use with the sheets. I have been purchasing vintage white cases that have lovely hand embroidery...those are pretty special to me.  The time and crafting to make these, and the hand done crochet along the edge is wonderful. Anyone else?

I limit my purchasing to never used new or nearly new items. No wear, no stains, and no fading. Sometimes I even find them still in the store packaging! 

The cost is very affordable...well below retail costs for these items in today's stores. Hint- thrift stores and estate sales