SOCIAL MEDIA


Cast Iron Treadle Sewing Machine Base

Thursday, September 19, 2019
Antique Singer Treadle Sewing Machine Cast Iron Base / Frame

So cute. Table made from old sewing machine base. I've been wanting to do this for a long time. by jolene

60 Ideas To Recycle Your Old Sewing Machines


When we got married in 2013 my husband had an old Singer treadle sewing machine in the garage that had a broken cabinet and was covered with tools and junk. When we were moving last year he wanted to pitch it and I refused. I told him to take the machine out and save it and the base, but pitch the cabinet. I had plans for the base. I wanted to make a table for our covered back porch.    We purchased 3 wood decking boards for the table top. Cut them in half lengthwise to make a 4 foot l…



I purchased a base about 2 years ago at a thrift store for about $12. I am keeping it for sure! I would never overlook them.

I have another one converted into an outdoor table, and it is wonderful...I love it. The top is made from an old galvanized hot water tank tray, turned over. It is really fun and unique.

I think that I will up cycle it into a side table. The top would be easy to change later if desired. The photo shows the easy method to make a top.