SOCIAL MEDIA


I Garden for Myself

Saturday, April 11, 2020

My adventures in fruit and vegetable gardening, also finding old rusty garden tools. The older and rustier the better!

I think that I have about a dozen of these old tools, so I decided to create a display today.

I had an old hanging pot rack that had cute green paint on it, with about 8 hooks. I hunted down my rusty old tools from several spots. Then I just put it together and hung it from the garden arbor.

I like this idea. I could use a rusty bucket, old wire metal basket, or maybe a large Olive Oil metal container with bright graphics. Or go to a thrift store and look for something unusual to use, of course, it may be a long time before I could shop once again.


**********************************************



***************************************************

It is a real bummer that my favorite Antique Shops will not be having their normal Spring Garden Shows. I get so many great ideas from the creative displays and vintage finds.

I am staying away from the television...bad news...and terrible programing. I think why do I pay $135.00 a month for this??? Ugh!

So, I go to the garden everyday and sweat in the unseasonably warm weather, fixing the raised beds, moving plants, and many wheelbarrow loads of compost.

With all the grubby, dirty, dusty, garden stuff it made me start organizing and trashing the garbage stuff. The garden storage area, a shelf unit in the shop, will have a big payoff....I can locate my stuff that has been hiding there. I have a big project for Easter Sunday on the farm.

I have much more to do, it is a good thing that I am staying home. I do miss having other people to talk to...........