SOCIAL MEDIA


Honeybees

Wednesday, August 28, 2024


 I have not been around the bees this summer. We purchased a box of bees, with queen in late April.  The bees have done very well, and there will be honey to harvest. However, I think that it might be better to let the bees have the honey over the winter.

The problem right now is Yellow jackets...nasty stinging things. They can become horrible. We must have about 10 bee traps outside.

I really don't want to get inside the chain link fence around the hive. There are guard bees that do not react well to something that they think is a threat..I do have bee allergies that sometimes have a very allergic reaction.

I am now getting physical therapy. I really need to improve my strength, stamina, and balance. I am improving well, and want to be walking normally soon.

I am lonely, and so sick of the old man. Just taking it one day at a time.