SOCIAL MEDIA


Wildfire Evacuation

Sunday, August 8, 2021

 


This is a wildfire, named Kwis Fire. It has been burning for almost 2 weeks. The size was almost 400 acres this morning.  This fire was growing today, and is now larger. They issued a Level 1 Evacuation order for the area, including the farm. This is Get Prepared to Leave. 

The fire appears to be moving away from my farm. OK, maybe the weather and wind will change...there could be a spot fire, that would put the area at great risk.

Some folks are already moving their horses out of this area, to a safe location.


This photo is better, it was taken at a better location. The fire is actually farther away than it seems.

This evening I am not very concerned. Really...not like last year. Last fall I honestly believed that we were in grave danger...with no evacuation orders. You could say that I have already had a "dress rehearsal".

Of course, another wildfire near us could change everything. Seriously!

I think that the Evacuation Order was issued with a great abundance of caution. It was a landline phone recording dialed to home phones. One huge problem here is that some folks have only one road out! Pretty Risky! We have 2 routes.

Old Man Crap says he is not leaving, he is worried about looting and theft. I am not staying if it is possible to leave. I will be outa here.