SOCIAL MEDIA


I would rather be riding a horse.

Thursday, September 16, 2021


Honestly, I have been caregiving for 5 days...and I am tired. I really would rather be riding a horse like this woman.

Knots in my stomach, and barely eating right now. I have listened to him talking to friends on the phone. He tells them very far fetched, wild, fictional tales....and he believes himself to be telling a true story. The good news is that he is improving and getting better physically everyday.

I believe that if the hospital had made him stay (and they did want to) he would be much worse and probably need a nursing home. And maybe get Covid there. The care at the hospital was really bad, understaffed, and very poor care. The fact that no one is allowed to see any inpatient, maybe due to the quality of care.

They said that he needed physical therapy to walk. OK, the problem was someone saw him for a few minutes every 2 days....that wasn't even an effort to get him going and home.

All in all...it is good that I snuck in to see him. I was appalled by his very deplorable condition. I spoke up and I did get him discharged that day. Maybe, they didn't want trouble from me.  I am certain the patients were not getting quality care.

What am I going to do? My goal is to get him back in healthy condition, get the damn prostate taken care of, and able to do his normal activities.

I still want to be the woman on the horse!