SOCIAL MEDIA


Baby Red Potatoes in Pots

Wednesday, July 7, 2010




Here are some pics from my garden. Most everyone around here is not doing well with their gardens. I am doing pretty well. I use permanent raised beds for almost everything. The potatoes in pots is a technique from England. This is the second year that I have used pots for my early spuds. The photos are mixed up with the bottom one showing the plants in the pots just before they were dumped into the wheelbarrow. The middle photo shows some spuds after dumping. The top photo is of the red potatoes, snow peas, broccoli, and a background of culinary sage. There are about 15 lbs of potatoes in the purple bucket.
I am eating a few strawberries from the garden too. Mostly I just pick and eat, right there.
The asparagus is about finished, time to let them grow into fronds for next springs harvest.
On the hay front, we hauled the LAST BALE! In a week, we will go to my sister's for a day, and assist the hay hauling there. All I have to say is she better have some other people to help!!!