SOCIAL MEDIA


A day by myself

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I have just had the need to get away, really for several days....I don't know if that is going to happen. Yesterday, I got in my Highlander, grabbed my camera, binoculars, food, water, hat, jacket, extra shoes, blanket, filled er up, and just drove over Hwy 58 pass to central Oregon. I remembered a really rough back road going up by Todd Lake, to Broken Top (near the S Sister) and onto the Sisters area. It has been over 25 years since I last went up there...so I took a chance....and drove up the rugged road, yep, the road was awful, but I have 4 wheel drive. It was a easy drive for me!! It was so satisfying to go up there, I guess that the elevation is 6000 ft. I did not go far, maybe 3 miles, but it took about 30 minutes. Slow going, but hay, I have driven many forest service roads just like this one. No big deal. The views were wonderful, here are two I want to share. It was cathartic for my soul. I don't mind being alone, I can think....... Sometimes being in the outdoors is just what I need.