SOCIAL MEDIA


Homemade Pumpkin Nut Bread

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

This time of year I like to make my homemade Pumpkin Nut Bread. It is pretty easy to make, and it freezes well. The flavor is so good, there is plenty of cinnamon and ground cloves in the recipe, everyone loves it. I had to figure out how to use the fresh puree...it seems that all the recipes use commerically canned puree. I make pie custard with the fresh puree for custard cups or pie. I found that my recipes do not need the water that is usually in the ingredient list.

But....first I have to process the pie pumpkins I grew during the summer. I cut the pumpkins in half, clean out the seeds/strings, bake cut side down on a cookie sheet for about 40 minutes, until tender. I allow the cooked pumpkin to cool, then I scoop out the pumpkin and puree in my food processor. Freeze the puree for baking, or use right away.