SOCIAL MEDIA


Early Planting in the Garden

Wednesday, February 25, 2015



This week I found some vegetable starts, the cabbage family, some garlic, onions and strawberries. I purchased two 6-packs, one Packman Broccoli, and one Brociflower. It is very early for here in western Oregon, and the temps have been low at night...about 24F, however the daytime's are sunny and warm 62F.  So...this is a trial, or experiment for me.  I planted them directly into a prepared raised bed. I used floating row cover right over them for extra cold protection, and topped the bed with these portable cold frames. I am interested in learning how these will grow and produce. Season extending methods are something I have been reading about. The weather forecast is for a chance of a little snow over the weekend, maybe an inch. That should be no problem with this set-up.